I know people have come to my blog from various places and with various interests and I think that is a wonderful thing, and I know that most people won’t read everything I write but sometimes it is nice to know what is coming (at least as close as I can guess at this point):
- I will continue to work my way through the book of Jeremiah, currently I am working on chapter 11 (even though only through 6 is published on the blog) and I have a couple later chapters done but this is my own practice of learning and working through a book. I know for many people this is not what they are most interested in and that is OK. Jeremiah is a tough book and it can get a little repetitive but I am also becoming more and more convinced as I work through it that with the exceptions of Isaiah and perhaps the Psalms no other book is as critical for understanding both Jesus and Paul.
- One of the projects that I am just starting on that hopefully the first work will start coming out next week is the Creativity Project which was prompted by a light bulb moment when I was writing my autism posts. I’m going to spend some time exploring creativity, spirituality, imagination and inspiration and I’ve got some both psychological and philosophical works I am reading to explore these thoughts. I’m excited to see what I learn and to share.
- One of the projects that comes out of my congregation is a Basics of Faith series. One of my experiences is that many people in my congregation don’t have a way of thinking about God and issues of faith, even though they may have encountered many of these ideas in confirmation or other types of instruction. Using Luther’s Small Catechism as a template I’m planning to work through things like Baptism, the Ten Commandments, The Creeds, the Lord’s Prayer and Communion from a Lutheran perspective.
- I still plan to get back to the Place of Authority historical posts and I have the reading on hand to continue that work, so it will come as well.
- Poetry comes and goes with its inspiration and time, and my life has been a little crazy lately , but when ideas come I try to capture them and write them down so that hopefully I can return to them when there is time, and I’ve got several written down on pieces of paper and notebooks at home and at work that need a little attention (or in some cases they are just vague ideas at this point) but as I get time they will get attention as well.
- Finally I’m going to make an offer to you as readers. If you have a question or topic you would like me to respond to or answer I’m going to take the risk and make that option available. Some of you I know and some I don’t, but one of the things I like to do with the communities I’ve served is to have intentional times where people can bring whatever question they like and I answer on the spot (and sometimes the most honest answer is I don’t know). But I do have the privilege of spending more time thinking about spiritual, philosophical and, to a point, psychological issues than the average person. You don’t have to agree with me, and I typically don’t give short answers but my post on Templars, Gnostic Gospels and Conspiracy Theories came out of one of those questions. So the offer is there, and just post as a comment either here or on the About page or email a question to me at email@example.com (just let me know it is a signoftherose question). I enjoy the challenge of this in person and I don’t know if anyone will take me up on the offer here, but it is available. You can either just comment or use the comment form on this post and the About page, and I will respond as soon as I can.
Perhaps I’m overly ambitious and more than a bit geeky when it comes to a lot of this stuff, but I enjoy the writing and the learning that goes along with it.